Obtaining SSDI For Diabetes-Related Conditions
Millions of people with diabetes lead active lives and earn a living. But those who have developed diabetes complications often have a very difficult and painful life, making employment impossible.
If you cannot work because of your diabetes or related medical conditions, the law firm of Rogers, Hofrichter & Karrh can help you pursue Social Security disability benefits to afford necessary care and make ends meet.
Our lawyers have prevailed in disability claims on behalf of diabetic clients throughout Metro Atlanta and across Georgia. Contact us today to discover if you have a good case and how we can help.
Social Security Disability Claims for Diabetes Complications
Diabetes mellitus can be a qualifying impairment by itself, especially untreated or mismanaged Type 1 diabetes resulting in coma, seizures or kidney failure. Most often SSDI claims arise from complications of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes:
- Diabetic neuropathy — Loss of sensation and swelling in the feet (“diabetic foot”) that renders walking painful or impossible, or similar neuropathy in the hands and fingers, sometimes leading to skin infections or amputation
- Diabetic retinopathy — Abnormal blood vessel growth in the retina of the eyes, resulting in vision loss or blindness
- Renal failure — Kidney damage eventually requiring dialysis or transplant
- Cardiomyopathy — Damage to heart tissues, causing irregular heartbeat or cardiac arrest
- Stroke — Vascular damage resulting in brain damage or paralysis
We work with clients, their families and doctors to document these conditions and how they impact our clients’ daily lives to the point of inability to sustain employment. This includes fatigue, shortness of breath, fainting, impaired mobility, difficulty concentrating, mood swings or abnormal behavior as a result of blood sugar fluctuations or the diabetes complications.
The attorneys of Rogers, Hofrichter & Karrh have a solid success rate, especially at the administrative law judge level of disability appeals. When we take a case, we are prepared to fight as long as necessary for our clients. We also coordinate other claims for long-term disability or workers’ comp to maximize income for our clients.
Call our Atlanta office today for a free case evaluation at 877-572-3949. We do not get paid unless you are approved for Social Security disability.